drank Jasmint by Della Terra Teas

Another mint tea for me today. I’ve been meaning to try this, it’s the last one in my try me pack that I haven’t gotten to! That reminds me, I’ll have to write a note for the vanilla pineapple white one, haven’t yet and I had it quite a while ago! Anyways, onto this tea. I steeped for around 2 mins, with water approx 165 degrees F.

This tea smells strongly of peppermint, can’t really get any other smell from it but that. The wet leaves are more interesting, I am definitely getting the green tea with a hint of floral, and the mint is much more muted.

So now for taste, there is a very nice and mild green tea flavor in here. I get a bit of a grassy taste from it, quite enjoyable. The mint is in the forefront, but it is much more toned down than the smell. The jasmine adds a sort of depth to the tea, it’s at the beginning too, but lighter by a tiny bit than the mint, it builds as the sip continues. A bit of sweetness seems to be surfacing too, as I continue this cup, or maybe as it cools? The flavors meld together quite nicely!

Overall, this is an interesting tea. I like it! It’s very calming, one of the more calming flavored greens I have found. I perhaps would like a bit more jasmine, but then I don’t know, it might taste too much like a pure jasmine tea. Currently the flavors are pretty good! I will have to try further cups of this before making a full decision on what I think of it though, it’s very interesting, and I enjoy interesting teas :)