drank Silver Buds Yabao by Verdant Tea

Drinking this to help me decide if I should add it to my (rather massive) shopping list of teas for tonight! This is the first time I’ve done Black Friday, and I don’t care for Boxing day here in Canada, so I don’t know what to expect! Also, trying shorter steep time with a brew basket for this and less water – I don’t know how it has turned out yet, still too hot to drink! Also rinsed it twice so as to slightly mimic the Gongfu brewing style. Hoping my experiment pans out, if not, well I still have enough left for one cup (and maybe more on the way).

ETA: First steep is delicious, so far the different method is a success! (~12 second steep, will increase by 5 seconds for subsequent)

ETA again: I taste the brown sugar!!! YAY I am so happy right now! This tea might just have to be re-ordered…

Boiling

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada