This was the free sample I received from Della Terra Teas. Thank you!

The dry smell is incredibly chocolatey, exactly like After Eight mints :D as soon as I opened it, I was craving it all afternoon, so I made a cup tonight. It’s a bit late for a black tea, but I couldn’t resist after the intoxicating chocolate smell!

The wet leaves are not quite as chocolate, but the mint becomes more pronounced. I steeped for about 3 minutes with boiling water. The chocolate returned after steeping, and now the apartment smells like it haha. My boyfriend is not a fan of chocolate, so he is not overly pleased lol, but I made him a cup of green tea to counteract it a bit. I love it! It reminds me of dark cocoa on a ski hill!

As for the taste, the intial one was nice and minty, with a hint of dark chocolate. I decided to add some sugar (I never add sugar!) as I had read a few reviews that said that it brought out the chocolate. I agree that it did! It’s now a malty dark chocolate brew with an excellent cooling mint taste. I might try steeping a little bit longer next time to see if I can bring out even more chocolatiness.

Overall, a pretty good chocolate tea. I might also try with a hint of milk to add some creaminess to it. Very happy I got to try this as a free sample :)

TheTeaFairy

I also like this one a lot, smells divine! Makes it a good Christmas tea! I’m loving pretty much everything I’m trying from Della Terra so far…

MissLena

Me too! They do dessert teas so well, the flavoring is very natural, i’m so happy I found them on here! They have soo many sales that I want to take advantage of but i have to not spend all my money haha

Comments

TheTeaFairy

MissLena

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada