I have been drinking this tea (tisane) all week, so I decided to add it to the site. So first to review, yay! This is another win from Della Terra :)

I should first mention that as soon as I saw that this blend was made, I didn’t even bother with a sample – I added 2 oz to my cart immediately, as I love chamomile herbal blends. The bag I received is plum full of tea! It is stuffed with the stuff! I love it!

Dry, it is entirely chamomile flowers and lavender. As the description states haha. It smells like a perfect blend of the two as well, I get a bit stronger chamomile, but the lavender is still there, that slightly soapy floral scent.

I steeped it for around 5 minutes with boiling water. Wet, the lavender smell comes out a bit more. The liquor is a lovely light yellow color.

The taste is so soothing – mostly chamomile, but the lavender shows up in the aftertaste. I find that this tea is relaxing yet helps me focus as well, maybe because it’s so calming. I’m tempted to add a bit of honey one of these times just to see what it does to the flavor, but it is so good on its own that I haven’t yet haha.

Overall, I like this tea a lot. Bear in mind, I do enjoy herbal teas, so if you are not a fan of pure herbals, this probably isn’t the tea for you. However, it is an awesome caffeine-free tea for before bed. Also, this is the third tea I own with lavender in the ingredients. I guess I like lavender? Haha :) Due to personal taste, I am rating this tea pretty high.

ETA: The lavender becomes a bit more pronounced as the tea cools, I’m noticing the soapiness a bit more tonight. Might be because it steeped for 5 minutes, it doesn’t seem as noticeable at shorter steep times. Still really good though!

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada