drank Laoshan White by Verdant Tea

Yay! I’m over halfway through finals, only 2 left, so I am treating myself to caffeinated tea today :D and my Verdant order came yesterday! Now just waiting on my brick of pu’erh from them then all Black Friday orders will be here haha.

Anyways, onto this tea! It is most definitely a Laoshan, the leaves are the nice little springy curls that I like so much. The dry smell is nice and light vegetal, reminds me of a lighter version of Laoshan Summer green, which I LOVE!

The wet leaves are more vegetal goodness. I used approximately a tsp and steeped the first steep (for my boyfriend, as he was the one who requested I get this tea haha) and second steep 25 seconds for me. I just tried a taste of his, it’s very beany! Yummy, also, the liquor is a nice white tea color, looks very refreshing.

As for taste of mine, I like this! It’s very vegetal and fresh tasting! I get a tiny bit of sweetness at the end, not a lot yet though, might have to wait for later steepings. This is unlike any other white teas I have had, granted, I have never actually tried a pure white tea, only jasmine ones and ones with fruit flavors and things. So to me, this tastes like a lighter version of the Laoshan Green, but with more of a caramel aftertaste and less of the broth-like texture that I always get with the green.

Overall, this is very nice. I’m excited to see how the next steepings go. The aftertaste is actually very interesting, the sweet makes me feel like I’ve had something sugary, but the initial taste of the tea is quite salty! Unique and awesome, thanks again Verdant!

ETA: The boyfriend also enjoyed this a lot, and is ready for more! :)

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada