drank Earl of Anxi by Verdant Tea

Trying another new tea today! This one intrigued me, as I haven’t ever had frankincense or saffron in a tea. I will try to accurately describe everything, although the descriptions might not be quite right as I don’t have experience with those ingredients.

So the dry smell is so intense! I get quite a bit of citrusy Bergamot, very bright. There’s also something else, definitely some floral notes, not sue if that’s the goji and jasmine, and I don’t really know what frankincense smells like, but I’m sure it’s in there!

Wet leaves are more familiar Tieguanyin, very creamy and green (haha, I wrote greamy instead of creamy and green first time I typed!). But there’s an extra note, something fruity and intriguing, mixed in. As it cools, I get a bit of the Bergamot, and then it seems kind of weird, like Earl Grey with Tieguanyin? It is intensifying slightly too I think. Interesting! Also, I steeped a tsp for 2 mins.

Now for the taste, this is spot on. I am very impressed. It is very much like Earl Grey to me, but with Tieguanyin. It’s creamy, bright, and delicious. I am not sure if there is much in the way of floral in this steep, or the frankincense, but that may be because I don’t know what it tastes like! Ooh, I got an interesting pop of an aftertaste! That could be the jasmine!

Overall, very nice. I’m not sure if I did a good job summing up what I tasted, but I like it, and that’s the main thing. :) very interesting, I love interesting teas! Excellent blend with Tieguanyin, first blend I’ve had with this tea in it! Not really sure what to rate yet, maybe need a few more cups worth to fully decide. Luckily my 7g sample will go for at least a few more :)

ETA: It’s doing a good job of making me feel uplifted. With finals and the depressing news in the States today, this is a welcome friend. Prayers out to those affected by the Connecticut shooting, sending <3 and support from Canada.

TheTeaFairy

I turned to tea as well for comfort today…so sad…

MissLena

I can’t believe the terrible things that have happened this past year :( and children :( makes me feel so horrible..also puts a lot of things into perspective, a bad exam can’t even compare to something like that