drank Laoshan Genmaicha by Verdant Tea

I am done finals for this term! This is my celebratory cup of choice – my first genmaicha! Also I haven’t eaten much today, and this is supposed to be a decently filling tea, so that was definitely a factor in selecting it. Yay for tea!

The dry smell was very Laoshan green, but with a hint of puffed wheat smell from the rice. When steeped, the puffed wheat smell intensified! Mmmm this is making me hungry! It’s now a perfect mix of Laoshan Green (which I LOVE, btw) and a hint of the puffy rice. Yum yum! I steeped for 2 mins with a bit over a teaspoon in my cup.

This is pretty darn good. It’s Laoshan green but with a sweetness, a nice puffiness, I definitely agree with the kettle corn taste here. A bit of butter too, but not overwhelming. Perfect kettle corn popcorn, in a cup. With some green tea for salt. Oh, and the saltiness seems to be increasing a bit as the tea cools, turning more into butter, homemade popcorn. Homemade popcorn is my favorite!

Overall, quite yummy. For my first genmaicha, it is rather tasty! I will go through my little 7 g sample pretty fast I think! I have yet to find a Verdant tea I don’t like…lol

Oh, and hehe, I held off logging some other teas so that a new tea could be my 100th tasting note :P

CrowKettle

Congratulations on your 100th tasting note and getting through your finals! :)

MissLena

Thanks! It’s a good feeling, both of them (although being done finals a little bit more haha).

TheTeaFairy

Yay for finals and 100th! Very good tea to review on such occasion!

MissLena

Thanks! I definitely agree, it was a very delicious cup :)

Bonnie

Happy end of finals and 100th!!!!!

Thank you Bonnie! :)

Invader Zim

Congrats on 100 and finishing your finals!

Thanks Zim!!