I got this tea as one of three for mom this year for Christmas. She loves chais and mint and licorice/fennel, so this one seemed appropriate. Also got her Licorice Twist and her favorite, Pumpkin Chai. So this morning I made her and I a cup of this one, and we will see how it is!

The dry smell is reallly strong on this one, super minty and spicy. I was a bit worried that it might be a bit too much. However, after steeping for 4 mins in my new Brewt (love that thing!) it has mellowed substantially. Now, the steeped smell is reminding me of Splash! by DAVIDsTEA, but there is no burdock in this! Interesting.

Mmmm this is different! The mint is at the forefront, but the spices follow in a trail. I get the peppers and cloves in the middle, and at the tail end, I got a hint of the licorice taste. I like the pepperyness of this blend, and I enjoy that although it has quite a few chai spices, it is not too heavy due to the green tea base. I got a bit of the black pepper too I think, I just felt an urge to sneeze, so I think that might be causing it. It does have a bit of a similar taste to Splash! but a bit more potent and there’s mint in here, I love mint! I could swear there’s burdock root though, the more I sip.

Overall, this is a decent cuppa. I will need to try a few more steepings (if mom will allow of course!) before I form a full opinion on it. I might have to pick up a little sample of this to play with for myself. Oh, and loving that this has ginger in it, ginger has been my friend with all the rich food I’ve been engorging in this past week! Poor stomach haha.

ETA: Mom likes it! Yay! And I know she likes Pumpkin Chai, so I’m 2 for 3 so far, and have yet to try the third! :)

I almost bought this one today! But I was worried it would be too much licorice
for me…

MissLena

This one actually isn’t too bad! Mostly spicy and minty, the other one I had was too much licorice, but not this one :)

charchar

Hmmmm I may have to get a taster of this one next time I go to Davids Tea.

MissLena

Yes do it :D I think I’m going to get one too I really like the pepper in it, actually made my nose run at one point haha

Shmiracles

I just ordered 100g of this from davidstea and I RARELY order large quantities of anything. I tend to prefer variety in my cupboard, lots of small quantities and samples, but seriously this tea has something unique going on. I’m a mint lover and it’s near the top of my list.

MissLena

I definitely agree! It’s quite a unique mint tea :)

Comments

charchar

I almost bought this one today! But I was worried it would be too much licorice
for me…

charchar

Hmmmm I may have to get a taster of this one next time I go to Davids Tea.

Shmiracles

MissLena

I definitely agree! It’s quite a unique mint tea :)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada