I sampled a cup of this this morning (afternoon technically lol) and it didn’t do a whole lot for me. I get an almost dark chocolate smell and taste in the cup, but the black tea definitely added a bitter note that I didn’t really enjoy. At the start of the sip, the pomegranate is nice and fruity, but after swallowing the bitterness creeps up. I think there’s a bit too much going on in this tea as well, if it was just a green/green rooibos blend I think I would enjoy it a bit more.

I added a spoonful of sugar halfway through and this did cut the bitterness quite a lot, and it tasted more dark cocoa to me, but still not quite good enough for me to purchase. I steeped for 3 and a half mins at 175 degrees, maybe it was too long of a steep time? Just not quite my cup of tea :(

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada