drank Laoshan White by Verdant Tea

Had a few steeps of this with my mom this morning! She came in for tea and to go for lunch. She wanted something with a bit of caffeine, so I made this, starting with a 10 second steep and adding 5, in my tiny 6 oz cups with my brew basket. The caffeine didn’t really wake her up in this one because it is so nice and light haha. This tea is as delicious as ever, for me, snap peas were the main flavor, and the sugary aftertaste perfect. Mom thought it was pretty good too, very mild but she noted it tasted like there was honey dissolved in it.

We had a nice little visit over this tea, then went Famoso, the Italian pizza restaurant nearby. Had pizza, tomato soup, and gelato! A very good lunch, but now I miss her and wish we could have talked longer! Haha, visits are always too short :(

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada