Sipdown (insert sadface here) I will miss this tea! I’ve been holding onto this last cup until I could compare the winter blend to it. I just finished the winter, so now onto this cup! I already did a longer review earlier on this tea, so I will mostly just be comparing this one to the winter today.

The dry smell is a lot more floral and summery than the winter blend, which is to be expected :P I wish it was summer now!! The vanilla is also quite prominent in this one.

The wet smell – intoxicating! Flowers and vanilla and sweetness and so lush..I find the Yabao is not quite as noticeable in the smell of this one. Definitely a contrast to the winter blend! Oh, and the color is a deep yellow color, while the winter was almost clear.

This tea tastes softer and sweeter than the winter version. Flowers and sunshine, while the other was coziness and forest. I think I prefer this one a little bit more, maybe because it does remind me of summer. However, the Yabao is not quite as tree-like in this blend, it’s more brown sugar flavored and not as potent. Both are awesome, though, and I hope that Silver Buds Yabao comes back so both these blends can come back!!

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada