drank Dulce & Banana by DAVIDsTEA

I got a bit of this from charchar when she came over for a visit on Thursday, thanks! :) My first banana tea!

The dry smell is predominately chamomile, but with a caramel sweetness added to it. The wet leaves continue this trend, and as they finished steeping, it mostly smells of chamomile and honey, with a faint hint of caramel. I think there’s a tiny bit of banana present in the smell, not getting very much lavender or lemongrass, but we’ll have to see how it tastes. I steeped for about 5.5 minutes with boiling water in my Brewt steeper. Note to self: chamomile is very difficult to clean out of fine strainers, use metal one next time! :)

Mmmm this tastes like a caramel chamomile blend. Yummy! I get a hint of banana right at the end of the sip, which is quite nice. I might add some brown sugar to the latter part of the cup to see what it does for the flavor, but for now, it is very sweet and soothing. Not getting much lavender or lemongrass, but that’s ok with me in this blend. I don’t think I’ve actually had a tea that tastes like caramel either! This is quite desserty and decadent for being caffeine free. Whenever I’m craving something sweet, this will definitely hit the spot.

Overall, this is pretty good. Not sure if I would order a big bag of it because it would probably last forever with me! This is a tea that I think will have to be drank in moderation as it’s soo sweet. Yum though, I will definitely finish off my sample without complaint. Thanks charchar!!

ETA: I added a little bit of brown sugar in, this seemed to make the banana into more of a caramel banana, heavy on the caramel. Mmmm, I’m actually not sure what way I prefer though, both are really good!

Hello all, I am a happily employed electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada