So I went to my local DAVIDsTEA store….AGAIN….haha, I took my mom and she picked up 3 teas, and I decided to get a bit too (obviously! :D ). So this is my first purchase of a black tea from DAVIDsTEA I think! I did have this particular tea once at my aunt’s, but as I didn’t know her steeping parameters I didn’t review it. I didn’t look up any tips on how to brew on here, so I just did 3 mins with boiling water.

Oh, and the dry smell is delicious!! Creamy and bergamoty and yummmmmyy. I haven’t drank that many Earl Greys to be honest, and even fewer Earl Grey creams, but this one smells quite delicious. The steeped smell is nice and creamy as well, with a light touch of the bergamot. Also, love the pretty little flowers in this :)

So for taste, this is pretty decent, considering I don’t have a whole lot to compare it to. It’s very creamy and quite light for a black tea, although the aftertaste has a predominantly black tea taste with it, a wee bit bitter maybe. The bergamot is also not very strong, at least, I remember tasting it a lot more in other EGs. But for a cream, this is rather yummy! I would like to try a splash of milk next time I brew this, just to see what it does to the creaminess!

Overall, I’m so far pleased with my impulse black tea purchase. It’s a nice change to have a different base on a flavored tea, even though I probably shouldn’t be having this this late in the evening haha. But quite creamy and good! I may experiment with steep times to see which ones make the flavors pop. Oh, I also think I like EG creams a bit more than EG themselves, even though I have barely any experience with both, but that could be because I lovee vanilla, and cream = vanilla. :D

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada