drank Cocomint Cream by DAVIDsTEA

I have been wanting to try this tea for AGES, aka since it came out. Finally, I picked up a bit today without the bf being there to say noo it’s too coconut, it smells weird, you don’t need another herbal tea..mwahaha.

The dry smell is minty and creamy, but there is also apple in it, which surprised me the first time I smelled it because I hadn’t looked at the ingredients thoroughly. Steeped, I get mainly mint, with a hint of creaminess.

Now for the taste, pow!! If mint shortbread exists, this tastes like it! Haha, it has the buttery coconut flavor melded quite nicely with the peppermint. I love mint and coconut, so win-win. The apple is not really there to me, maybe it’s adding a small amount of a punch to the middle of the taste? Meh, this is primarily a yummy coconutty cookie of some sort. With mint. Huzzah!

Overall, this is another one of those very sweet teas that I will drink in moderation. However, it is quite tasty, and it will hit the spot when I am craving something sweet before bed. In fact, it will probably battle with Jessie’s tea to be my coconut tea of choice now! Tea battle commence!(another night though, I have my sweet fill for now)

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada