My Verdant order came! Woot woot! Only a week late haha, silly Canada Post, I’m very pleased it came today, as I had an email all typed up to send out to find out the status of this glorious package. But it is here! And my car started so I was able to go get it! Happiness :)

So as it’s sooo cold here and I will be having another late night, this was the tea I needed to have first, without a second thought. I brewed it up for 4 minutes with boiling water. The dry smell is nice and gingery and CLOVES. Yumm. Very chai smelling.

The wet smell – oh my goodness. I thought my other chai tea smelled like ginger snaps. THIS smells like ginger snaps! SOOO YUMMMYYYY. AND! I can actually smell that Laoshan Black in there! Yes, I haven’t had it in ages, but that distinctive rich chocolate scent is mingling with the ginger snappiness. This smells heavenly!

THIS, my friends, is a CHAI. YES. This is a VERY GOOD CHAI. It is spicy, it is warming, and that awesome Laoshan Black makes it rich, decadent, chocolatey underneath the spices. This is excellent. Yet another Verdant win. I’m so happy I decided to get an oz right off the bat of this :D oh, and let me add, this excellent taste is without anything added. No milk, no honey, and it’s done western style. I can’t imagine the amazingness if this is done on the stove. Mmmmm I might add some honey to the end of this cup to see what happens, but this can definitely hold it’s own.

Overall, a delicious spicy blend of decadence and warmth. How David blends these, I will never know.

ETA: As this cools, it tastes more ginger snap like, and the Laoshan Black continues to show itself and man oh man, this is excellent. I wonder if it holds up to resteeping..

ETA again: yes, you definitely can get another steeping out of this, and it is still going strong! Even a bit spicier I think! Excellent tea :)

mmm i like this one too! It’s a really nice chai, though I haven’t managed yet to make it in milk haha

MissLena

Yeah I downed my cup without adding honey or milk this time haha oops, it was just too tasty :D I think this might have to become my go to chai..I’m going to try a resteep shortly :)

Comments

MissLena

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada