Sipdown! So as I placed my early-bday-present-to-myself tea order with Verdant today (The FUIJAN WHITE made me do it!) I have decided to sip down some teas. I ordered 2 pu’erh samples, and I still have that brick sitting waiting for me to open, so I thought this was a good choice to start off sipping down this weekend.

I am making this gongfu style today, did 2 rinses, and man, does this ever brew up dark. I poured it out of my little teapot as fast as I could as well, I know it was over 4 seconds in the water though, I need to get a gaiwan at some point. Nice and dark and rich. I have only had the first steep so far, and I am anxious to find that point again where the tea just turns into silk. Not quite yet, a nice, robust brew as of now. I will enjoy sipping this all afternoon until I have to pick up my brother from the bus and drive him to my parents an hr and a half away lol. See previous notes on this lovely tea from Verdant!

ETA: This is definitely my preferred way to drink pu’erh. It tastes the most caramelly and is reaching that soft mouthfeel rather quickly. Happy I’m slowly figuring out how to make pu’erh, well, at least this one!

Terri HarpLady

I like the xingyang workshop recommendations for this one, it’s potent, but awesome!

MissLena

I was afraid to try it in case it was too strong haha! I’m still quite a pu’erh newb :( and darn, I don’t have any left to try it that way, ah well next time :)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

MissLena

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada