drank Silver Buds Yabao by Verdant Tea

Sipdown! I’m going to get through a few samples today hopefully! I’ve realized that if I drink my samples sooner, I can order the teas I really like before they sell out! Would have been nice to get an oz of this to have, just because it is so unique! Today it smells very springy and fresh, there’s a nice tang of spruce in the aroma that seems more pronounced today. Mmm the taste is still nice and fresh and woodsy and sparkling. I wanted to brew this gongfu today but I don’t think I had enough leaves left for it, so I made it western style, with 1 rinse for around 25 seconds. Hopefully a new batch or variety of this tea shows up in the spring, so unique and tasty! See previous notes on this tea :)

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada