drank Caramel Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

I am back in Canada! And yesss, my matcha order was awaiting me in the mailbox when I got back. So, like a crazed mad person, I immediately opened it and tried to decide which one to have first. They were all tempting, but this is the one that I had to try first. It’s so highly rated on here, and I had given it as a Christmas gift, so I had to see how it is myself!

I got 30 g, basic grade, with robust flavoring. And woah, this is definitely robust! Upon opening the package, BAM, caramel goodness whooshed out. Mmmm like some serious caramel candy. It smelled heavenly!! I made this by whisking with hot water then just topping with hot water. This reminds me, I need to get a matcha whisk soon haha. I also got a hint of a butterscotch smell in there while whisking too :D Anyways, this is SOOO YUMMMYYY. Delicious caramel flavor, but there still is that matcha green tea taste beneath it to make it very satisfying. The two flavors complement each other quite nicely actually! This actually doesn’t need sugar either, but I might add a bit at the end of the cup just to see what it does to the flavor. I cannot WAIT to make this with hot milk, and to mix this with cheesecake or blueberry at some point! The richness will be even more intensified! This is stellar, and I’m very happy I chose it for my order! Loving the rich caramel aftertaste so much!

Oh, and today may be a wired, matcha tasting day, which I’m ok with, as I have a TON of homework to catch up on that I did not do while away skiing. Hehe, bring on the caffeine and yummy flavors!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada