Matcha 2 of the day! I have to space these out quite a lot lol, my caffeine tolerance is not the best and if I down all of them quickly my stomach will heavily protest. But it is now the right time for another one, and oh my goodness, does this smell like vanilla! Sweet, soft, delicious…mmm, and so creamy! This is even creamier than the caramel, I think.

Once again, I am trying these just with hot water and whisking to taste them plain before I mix them with milk and sweeteners and such. I also got basic grade and robust flavoring for this one, with the 3 + 1 matcha deal that Red Leaf has, which is awesome! So yes, I whisked this up and the scent wasn’t quite as strong, but ohhh boy, does this taste good. I whisked this a tad longer than the caramel as there were a few lumps in that one from not enough whisking. This is smooth, fluffy and creamy! The vanilla flavor is PERFECT in this! It’s not an overpowering, ‘ugh too much frosting’ vanilla, but a rich, decadent yet light and fluffy vanilla flavor. Like a perfect little cupcake but so much better for you! I don’t taste the matcha as much in this one, in the caramel it was definitely a bit more present, but it works in this case as it did with the caramel. I got this one to mix with other flavors, but I definitely will drink this by itself quite often. And I haven’t even tried it with milk yet! This one can hold its own, and I like it a lot. Oooh that’s what it’s like!! DavidsTeas’s vanilla oolong! Yes. This is quite similar but less of the tea flavor and more vanilla :D

I really like this matcha. It’s creamy and satisfying. It’s light and soft. It’s excellent. If you like vanilla, I highly recommend this matcha. It’s awesome!

Woot woot! So glad you are liking the flavours you picked

MissLena

Yes they are awesome, thank you for the suggestions! I am getting sweet overload here though haha might have to break out the black cherry next before the cheesecake :P

Lol. Careful! Of you’ll be up all night lol

MissLena

Haha that’d be ok, I have a ton of work to do today maybe I could get most of it done :D

Lala

I’m waiting for my Red Leaf order to come. Can’t wait! How much matcha are you using per cup?

MissLena

I use just 1 tsp or a tiny bit less :) it seems to work fairly well, especially when you just use hot water, what kinds are you getting?

Lala

I just ordered boysenberry matcha (because I am addicted to the taste of redbull). There were lots I wanted to try but did not want to make a big order until I tried it first. But on the list is cola flavoured and peanut butter flvaoured. I also got some of the wine infused teas.

MissLena

Mm boysenberry sounds good! I’ll be watching for tasting notes on it and the wine infused teas, I’ve been wanting to try a wine infused tea at some point, hopefully soon :)

Lala

We might have to do a swap soon. I will keep you posted.

Comments

Woot woot! So glad you are liking the flavours you picked

Lol. Careful! Of you’ll be up all night lol

Lala

We might have to do a swap soon. I will keep you posted.

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada