drank Coconut Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

I picked up 15 g of this because it smells sooo good. Toasty coconut. It’s not quite as intoxicating as the coco lemon thai to me, but still good. I was going to do a 3 minute steep, but I decided to go closer to 4 minutes, with 190 degree water. The steeped smell, to me, is not quite as pleasant. It’s such a strong coconut smell that it even smells a bit off to me..I’m not sure what it is, it’s just a bit too coconut in scent. Oh, and this brews up the palest of yellows, it almost looks like a white tea!

Luckily, the taste is a lot more on target. It is a nice toasted coconut, very rich and creamy. There’s a small hint of the oolong, but I am looking forward to the second steep to see if that comes out a bit more. Currently it is a very coconut flavored tea, but mostly just coconut. I think the butteriness is due to the oolong base, and I really enjoy it.

Overall, this is very coconutty and very delicious, but definitely a sweet tea. It isn’t very artificial, which is awesome, but it is on the sweet side. I will have to drink this one sparingly haha, it has that rich coconut that I can’t take a lot of at a time. Almost too much coconut, it’s on a fine line. Looking forward to a second steep.

ETA – I didn’t get to a second steep tonight, then first cup was just too rich, i actually didn’t finish it. If you like really coconut blends, this is definitely the tea for you, but im actually finding it a bit much.

CrowKettle

I’m all for second steep and up on this tea as well. The first steep is too sweet for me.

MissLena

I didn’t get a chance to try it tonight, the first steep was way too rich for me I couldn’t handle another lol, I’ll have to try it tomorrow, will save the leaves tonight!

Indigobloom

Reminded me of suntan lotion when I sniffed it in the store!

MissLena

Ahh that definitely could have been the steeped smell i got! It was almost oily with coconut haha, the dry smell to me was just toasty and much better

yep, oily fits lol

Comments

CrowKettle

Indigobloom

Reminded me of suntan lotion when I sniffed it in the store!

yep, oily fits lol

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada