drank Honeydew Mate by DAVIDsTEA

This is my first mate tea! Unfortunately the first taste is in my travel mug because I don’t want to have this in the afternoon until I see what the caffeine does to me lol. The dry smell is very melony which I quite like, I don’t have any melon teas so it’s nice and fresh. I steeped for 5 minutes with just under boiling water.

The steeped smell is not as pleasant to me, more of a bubblegum smell and i really hate that smell. Thankfully the taste is much better. The honeydew tastes really like a melon! It’s light and fresh, and i can taste the green rooibos in there, it reminds me of green and fruity a bit, which is my favorite green rooibos. Not sure what the mate tastes like, but we’ll see how much of a buzz i get lol. A bit apprehensive as sometimes caffeine completely messes with my stomach, but this blend sounded too good to pass up, and hey, I had to try it lol. So far so good! :)

ETA – so far my stomach is happy! Not feeling much of a buzz yet either, maybe it got more green rooibos in my spoonful this morning. I am enjoying this, it’s very light and refreshing!

TeaTails

I just got this as a sample and was wondering how it might taste… i’ll try it right away!

MissLena

It’s pretty good! I’d wait and try it in the afternoon though, in case the mate keeps you awake all evening! :)

TeaTails

Yeah, maybe that wouldn’t be the best choice for a tea right now… ;) thanks!

No problem!

Lindsey

I swear, that smell is identical to Bubblicious watermelon bubble gum! When I opened the packet it was just like I was back in the fourth grade, trying to sneak chewing gum at school!

Comments

TeaTails

TeaTails

Yeah, maybe that wouldn’t be the best choice for a tea right now… ;) thanks!

No problem!

80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada