Ahh I’ve tried 3 other of my new Della Terra teas but didn’t have time to write notes for them! All were very good :) I will get around to writing notes once I have cups of them again! Anyways, I am writing a note for this one haha. I got it in my try me pack because I love rooibos and vanilla.

The dry smell is very vanilla, like, a lot of vanilla. I think there may be some vanilla bean bits in the bag making it very rich, it definitely smells like very strong vanilla bean ice cream. Not bad :) I steeped for somewhere around 4 minutes. The steeped smell initially was very vanilla, but at the end of steeping, I get mostly rooibos. Hmm, where did the vanilla go? Ah! The vanilla returned a bit after the cup had time to cool!

Now for taste…yes, it did not disappoint! At first all I got was rooibos, then the aftertaste hit…yep, lots of vanilla! I can definitely see the likening to cream soda with this one, it has a very sugary aftertaste that is almost spot on to it! You still get a vanilla-beany taste though in the earlier aftertaste.

Overall, I’ll admit, I was a bit skeptical on this one, but it turned out to be a rich, vanilla creamy filled dessert rooibos. I shouldn’t have been worried, Della Terra knows what they are doing with rooibos flavoring! This is a nice decadent treat, very nice as a dessert or before bed, or during homework, as I am doing right now.

Fjellrev

Aww, I hate when a rooibos smells so tantalizing but then it all just disappears.

MissLena

It actually came back a bit after cooling, and the taste is definitely vanilla :D

Comments

Fjellrev

MissLena

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada