So I was going to wait until St. Patty’s this weekend to have a taste of this, but I am craving a chocolatey tea right now so I am making a cup! I received this in my try me pack this week. The dry smell is very much reminiscent of Swiss Mountain, with a touch more creaminess. I steeped for around 3 minutes. The steeped smell is very good, chocolate and mint with cream! Yes, the creaminess definitely is present, especially when the water first hits the tea. This tea reminds me more of a milk chocolate mint with all the creaminess, rather than dark chocolate. It smells so yummy, pretty excited to try this cup!

So as for the taste, yeah, this is pretty darn good. I very much like this over Swiss Mountain, as the vanilla in here adds just enough sweetness that it makes the cup seem fuller and not as watery. The start of the sip is where the mint and chocolate are the most prominent, the chocolate being not very strong but enough to make its presence known. Then the aftertaste…mmm, this is my favorite part. The mint fades into the delicious vanilla and it lingers on and on, a wonderful, cool sweetness. I am very impressed with the cream flavor Della Terra makes, whether it be in their flavored rooibos or other blends like this one! It’s so creamy and light and sweet, perfectly done. This is actually reminding me a bit of baileys and hot chocolate with mint! And maybe it’s that I’m comparing this to Swiss Mountain, or that it’s snowing here, but I totally feel like I’m at the top of a mountain in a ski chalet sipping this down after being coated in snow from skiing! :D

Overall, this is really good, and while I’m not sure this is really a chocolatey tea, it is very tasty for me! But then again, I am definitely a vanilla ice cream fan over chocolate ice cream :P but this was a very good one to try!

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada