New tea #4! Another from the try me pack. This smells like a strawberry milkshake to me when I opened the bag, quite sweet and creamy. I steeped for about 2 minutes, and the water temp was either 175 or lower, I’m not sure, my kettle was set to hold at 175 but it hadn’t started up for a while. The steeped smell is like a candy strawberry, sweet and tangy.

As for the taste, this is very light and fresh. I get a nice green tea flavor, and the aftertaste is tangy strawberry, a bit candy like rather than fresh berry, but the tang makes it a more realistic. As it cools, the bit of creaminess is coming out more. I will probably steep at an even lower temperature in the future to try to coax out a bit more cream, but I had lots of creamy teas already today, so I’m ok with the freshness of this one.

Overall, this is a very nice mellow green/white blend with a strawberry tang. It is enjoyable, I prefer this green blend better than the Jasmint by Della Terra, it’s not quite as bitter to me. Maybe the temperature played a factor in the other as well? Anyways, this is light, sweet, and fresh. A very nice spring tea. Not sure if I will re-order, but I will see if that status changes by the time I finish my little bag :P

jessiwrites

I was looking at this one… I might have to try it out.

MissLena

It’s very light and refreshing, a pretty decent spring tea :) I think it was a good addition to my try me pack :D

jessiwrites

I love light and refreshing! And I love green tea.

MissLena

This one would probably be a pretty choice then!

Comments

jessiwrites

I was looking at this one… I might have to try it out.

jessiwrites

I love light and refreshing! And I love green tea.

MissLena

This one would probably be a pretty choice then!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada