drank Sichuan Caravan by Verdant Tea

So I was looking through my tea cupboard and wanted some pu’erh, but I don’t want to open a new sample tonight, so I was pondering which one to have. And this one just popped out! I’ve been hoarding my last 2 cups of this ever since it went out of stock, but hey, I might as well drink it! Hoarding it doesn’t do much good, there will be more amazing teas that come out! This is lightly spicy and the sweet aftertaste of the licorice is really nice tonight. The pu’erh tastes delicious here, light yet satisfying. As it’s cooling the spiciness from the ginger is coming out. I steeped this first cup for 1 minute with a 25 second rinse. I’m looking forward to a few more cups tonight, there was a nice big chunk of pu’erh in this cup too, I actually broke it in half and saved the rest for the last cup. Ahh I hope Verdant does more pu’erh blends, this is awesome! See previous notes :)

ETA – forgot to mention, this is another tea that goes good with LOTR. Rich and earthy, with some spice and mystery, perfect for the Two Towers. :D

How I love it so!

It is soo good!

Terri HarpLady

It is! I’m still hoarding some : )

MissLena

I wish I had ordered more than 7 g of it when I had the chance :( I could totally hoard 2 oz of it hehe it’s just so smooth yet spicy and very drinkable. And ginger! I’m such a ginger fanatic :D

Bonnie

You can add puerh to the Winter blend and Laoshan Black in the meantime. Tastes great.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

How I love it so!

It is soo good!

Terri HarpLady

It is! I’m still hoarding some : )

Bonnie

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada