drank Sunshine by Della Terra Teas

Woot first one to review! I received this tea in my Try Me Sampler and it’s now a sunny day and I feel like having it! The dry smell is very tropical and sunshine-y, with a lot of flower petals around the top of the bag. And the little sample pouch is certainly stuffed full of tea! I like full samples :D I steeped this for 2 minutes with 175 degree water.

The tea is a pale golden yellow color, and man, the petals really expanded and they are full petals! I took out a sunflower petal and showed it to my boyfriend, who though it was pretty weird that I was drinking a tea with THAT in it haha. I will have to steep this in my glass gravity infuser next time to watch it unfurl! The smell is again very tropical, with mango and peach at the forefront.

The taste is pretty darn good! Very light, fresh, and fruity. The main flavor is mango, with some peach in there and something a bit more tropical, I again want to say lychee, but I don’t think it’s that. Anyways, this makes me think of Mexico and hot weather, so it is definitely doing the job! And it is very aptly named!

Overall, this is a delicious green tea! I am very pleased with the fruitiness, and it’s all a very natural fruit flavor to me as well. I am definitely going to put the leaves in the fridge for some cold brewing, and I can see myself ordering more of this for summer, it seems like a perfect iced tea candidate. I like it!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada