So I am on the hunt for the perfect pear tea, and when I saw that Della Terra had this one in their spring collection, I had to get some. I only got an oz to see what it was like before ordering more.

The dry smell is very pear-like! I do get a bit of a floral scent as others have mentioned, but it is predominantly pear, which I quite like :) oh, and the dry mix is so pretty, little sparkly balls and white pear bits contrasting with the black leaves. Quite beautiful in my opinion! I steeped between 2 and 3 minutes. The steeped aroma is a bit less pear, but it is still there!

As for the flavor, this one is the best pear tea I have had, but I have only had one other one haha. It is very juicy and nice, I would like a bit more punch to it maybe, but it is not bad at all! In this cup, the black tea is also present, making for a warmer taste than just crispiness. I am curious as to how this would be cold brewed, but my one large vessel I use for cold brewing (a giant tea mug) is already in the fridge with Sunshine in it, so it will have to wait until another day.

Overall, this is a nice little tea, it is the closest to pear flavor yet, just a bit perfumed and not quite as sharp of a flavor as I would like. But I will gladly finish off this bag, and maybe even order another! Oh, and the other day, I was going to try this with pear vodka…that may be on the agenda again haha just to see what it tastes like! Happy to have a bag of this tea :)

Sweet Canadian

Have you had perfect pear from Davids? How does it compare?

MissLena

I unfortunately missed out on that one :( the only other pear tea I’ve had is a rooibos and it definitely wasn’t anything special lol, mostly rooibos not much pear, I’m hoping DAVIDsTEA has another pear tea this summer for me to try!

Sweet Canadian

Yeah my friend and I loved perfect pear, and they got rid of it before we could order more :( Which was sad because they didn’t give any notice. I also hope so, maybe they will bring it back!

MissLena

Yeah they got rid of way too many too suddenly :( but at least most of the new ones have been tasty!

Comments

Sweet Canadian

Have you had perfect pear from Davids? How does it compare?

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada