drank Guayusa (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

So I have just returned from the mall, and I am beat. Note to self: never go shopping on a long weekend Saturday. I have a lot of work to get done tonight too, so I thought I’d finally bust out my guayusa. This is my first experience with it, I have been a bit nervous about the caffeine buzz, especially because this is straight guayusa, not in a blend. But here we go!

The dry leaves are nice and grassy smelling. I didn’t really know how long to steep for, so I did the wimpy end of the scale at 4 minutes. The liquor brews up a murky green, reminds me of a river, maybe the Amazon! :P and yes I totally am getting that jungle feel, with the color and the smell. It is a very leafy, green, grassy smell, and there’s also a hint of sweet. I tried pouring this into my clear mug to fully see the color and sniffed the empty mug and there was a lovely sugary sweet scent to it!

As for the taste, it is very green tasting, definitely getting a grassy flavor out of this one. It is actually reminding me a bit of straight green rooibos! I think it’s the hint of sugar in the aftertaste. Oh, and this feels very refreshing to drink as well.

Overall, it’s not bad at all. I would really like to try some blends with this as well! Not bad, although I’m not sure if I would get more than my sample of it, that remains to be decided. So far it is pretty tasty though!

ETA – I can feel myself slowly regaining energy, which I like! This also becomes very smooth and easy to drink once it cools, and the feeling of refreshment grows. Very nice, and happy I tried this tea!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada