drank Strawberry Cream by Zen Tea

Oh man, this is so good. I may have found a runner up for favorite flavored black tea right here! So my zen tea order came yesterday, and I had a cup of this yesterday, and it was AWESOME. I was too busy studying to log a note, so I made another cup today and I will log it now.

The dry smell is very nice and strawberry smelling, with a hint of creaminess. I steeped for 2 minutes yesterday and 3 today to see if there is any difference. The steeped smell is SO GOOD. Lots and lots of strawberries, a very sweet smelling strawberry, and a hint of cream. Might try shaking up my bag like yyz suggested to get a few more cream pieces, but it still smells heavenly!

As for taste, I think I prefer it brewed closer to 2 minutes than 3, at 3 there isn’t quite as much strawberry flavor, or cream. But it is still wonderfully delicious. The strawberry flavor is a bit more realistic in this cup than the one yesterday, that one was sweeter, this one is a little more tangy. I am so happy I went with a 50 g bag of this right off the bat, because I can see myself drinking this quite often, it’s cozy enough for rainy, cold days (like today) but fresh enough for summer sunshine. As it cools, it turns into more of a black tea taste, but the fresh strawberry is still at the back of the throat, must be the strawberry leaves that cause the authentic strawberry flavor in the aftertaste!

Overall, this is awesome! It actually reminds me of that strawberry cream tea I got at a local tea store, I will have to look into that one, it might even be the same as this one, since it’s in Canada! This one is giving Paris a run for it’s money for my favorite flavored black, and it’s not quite as sweet either! Yay for tea!

OMGsrsly

(I’m copying you, but mine is from Zen Tea Life!)

MissLena

Oh mine is from them as well! Oops, did I put it under the wrong tea I wonder..lol my bad!

MissLena

Actually hmm it looks like it’s the same tea!

OMGsrsly

And… upon searching Steepster, apparently “Zen Tea” and “Zen Tea Life” are the same company? I’m confused.

MissLena

Me as well! Ah well, I think it is the same tea? Lol I think there was a mess with two companies named Zen Tea a while back but I’m not sure, regardless, this one by Zen Tea Life is perfect :D

OMGsrsly

Yeah, I think they’re the same. Oh well! I’ll post a note to the people who run this joint and see if they can combine/rename.

OMGsrsly

I do like it, but I need to try a shorter steep without overleafing it… :)

MissLena

Yeah that’d be awesome if they could rename them! There’s quite a few that are called just Zen Tea, not the full name. Yeah I noticed 3 minutes was a bit too much for me as well, 2 is SO GOOD though.

Cavocorax

I think there are a lot of zen tea notes that are mixed between Zen Tea and Zen Tea Life. And then there’s eZenTea too. I’m afraid those notes are all a mess. :| (and it makes me crazy)

OMGsrsly

I’m trying to fix it, even though I made it worse by adding the Strawberry Tea. Sorry! :/

MissLena

No worries! Everyone who sees the note will know its for zen tea life anyways, as you mentioned it in the actual note :) don’t feel too bad about it!

Yay for editing!

MissLena

^ like :) steepster needs a like or +1 button!

Cavocorax

Hmm, to make it more confusing, Zen Tea Life goes by Zen Tea on Steepster, (which is why I used that name for my reviews): http://steepster.com/discuss/3408-get-free-tea-samples-at-zen-tea

yyz

The companies business name is Zen Tea. I think what probably happened is that when they were setting up a website most variations of zentea were taken so they went with zentealife for the URL. Glad your having fun exploring their teas!

MissLena

Ah thanks for the clarifications! So far I am pleased with their teas :)

Kittenna

Yes, there are at least two different companies on here called Zen Tea. The one in BC, and the one based in Atlanta. I tried having some merged once by Jason, but people kept creating new versions of things… drove me crazy!! :P Anyways, I’d probably go with Zen Tea Life for this company on here for easier differentiation? And just email Jason and tell him which teas should be merged, and he’ll get it done in fairly short order.

yyz

The ironic part of the one in Atlanta is the tea room is called ZenTea no spaces vs Zen Tea for the Vancouver operation. The Atlanta online shop goes by ezentea which their is a listing for here but no one seems to use they also are under ZenTea under the tea companies whereas the Vancouver shop has most of their stuff under Zen Tea ( only a few items that wer ZenTea’s are there) maybe they should specify location either country or city after the name:).

Kittenna

I think there is also Zen Tara Teas, which just adds to the confusion (not that it should be confused with others, but some people who poke around at things on here just don’t get it, which is frustrating. I think momo has added/poked at the listings of most teas by ZenTea, so they are more or less correct, it’s just this influx of people buying from Zen Tea Life that’s causing confusion. Anyhow! Perhaps someone should start a discussion topic to come up with a name consensus? I like your idea of putting the city in brackets (or one could put ZenTea (eZenTea) and Zen Tea (Zen Tea Life) as the company names.

Cavocorax

Yeah I like your idea of putting the name in brackets beside it – I hope that would be clear enough for people looking for teas…

Comments

OMGsrsly

(I’m copying you, but mine is from Zen Tea Life!)

MissLena

Actually hmm it looks like it’s the same tea!

OMGsrsly

I do like it, but I need to try a shorter steep without overleafing it… :)

Yay for editing!

MissLena

^ like :) steepster needs a like or +1 button!

MissLena

Ah thanks for the clarifications! So far I am pleased with their teas :)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada