Oooh this tea, I’m quite surprised I haven’t tried it sooner! Maybe it’s because I’m usually not the biggest fan of overly citrus smelling teas, and this one was pretty strong in that department. In the store, the leaves smelled very mint and citrus, quite intriguing and yummy. However, at home it mostly just smells citrus. I did only get 15 g of this, so there might not be as much mint in it. There are a bunch of very large gooseberries in the bag though, might have to eat one later!

I steeped this for about 6 minutes. The resulting liquor is a bright sunny yellow that smells like a Creamsicle, but a bit more citrusy. Yumm. The taste is very citrus, with a creamy aftertaste that is like a Creamsicle again. I think the gooseberries add a bit of tartness that I am enjoying. Unfortunately I don’t think I taste any mint, maybe it is adding to the refreshing flavor though? It also might come out more if cold brewed or iced. Regardless, I am enjoying the flavor :)

Overall, this is a fairly nice herbal, and it seems like I’ve been lacking in herbals lately. It tastes a bit watery at times, so I might try steeping it the full 7 minutes next time. I will drink down this bag and decide if it will be added to the cupboard permanently, but I’m happy I tried this tea! Oh, and my LS I had earlier has definitely contaminated my infuser, as I was brewing this, it smelled a bit like citrus smoke. Blegh, will have to soak it a bit to try to get that out!