I could have sworn I made a note on this before..oh well, I guess not. Anyways, this is a mini sipdown! As I still have a sample of it from the TOMC last month. Now, I love the aged yunnan white from Verdant, which is sadly sold out, but this tea has many notes that remind me of it!

As I thought I logged this before, I didn’t take note of the dry smell. Today, I did all the steps for this tea, the whole nine yards..I heated my little gongfu pot (my replacement of the old one which broke a few weeks ago) with boiling water before putting in the remainder of my sample package (3.5 – 4 g) and then I did a fast rinse and then poured water in and pretty much poured it into the cup as fast as I could. The smell is very Yunnan and delicious, with honey notes and a nice crisp scent in there as well, maybe the grapes, as there’s a hint of dry fruitness and a wildness that I really like.

As for flavor, I really like this tea. I remember the first time I had it, I was ready to buy 2 oz of it haha. I still would like that, but as I have this month’s TOMC coming with 3 oolongs I think, I can’t buy anymore tea from Verdant for a bit haha. I can definitely taste the likeness to the yunnan white, but this one is more roasty and deeper. The olive oil note is definitely there, with that dry fruit as well. I imagine if I was in Greece, this tea would be spot on, because I haven’t even been there and this tea is making me think of it! The sweetness is also there, which I really like. I don’t get any scotch like flavor I don’t think, or the coconut, but it is still very nice.

Overall, this is another delicious tea from Verdant. If there is some of this in stock when I decide to place another order, I might have to get some more. I will enjoy a few steeps of this on this dreary, snowing day (it’s always snowing here sigh). Thanks again for a delicious tea, Verdant! Happy I have another sample pack of this!

Boiling