drank Golden Fleece by Verdant Tea

Momentous occasions call for the best tea..and today is definitely the day. I wrote my last final of my undergraduate university engineering degree this morning! I am done! (providing I pass everything, but that is very likely haha) So to celebrate this excellent day, I decided to try this tea. I’ve had a sample of this tea for ages, from one of my first Verdant orders last year. I have been waiting for the right time, and it is here.

The dry smell is excellent, it reminds me of Master Han’s Yunnan black, a light hay scent with a hint of honey. I decided to do this tea gongfu, so I put in a bunch of it, almost half the sample bag, and did a short rinse. Good lord, the rinse smelled so good!! I was like why am I pouring this away! Lol, and then I steeped for just a few seconds and poured it out. The resulting liquor is the most beautiful golden color, and it smells like sweet potatoes dipped in honey. Mmmm. A sweet, delicious scent.

My goodness.

The taste is so. good. The sweet honey flavor, the sweet potato richness, vanilla, sparkles, sugar. Like a yunnan white but so much richer and smooth. I have decided, I really enjoy yunnan teas. This one is the king though. I just love that honey aftertaste. So good.

Overall, this is one heck of a treat. So happy I finally opened up this sample. Might have to get more of this, but this is definitely a savoring tea, one I want to save for special occasions. I cannot say anything else about it without repeating other reviews haha. I know my tasting note isn’t very in depth with flavors or anything, but this is just a tea that is so tasty I don’t even know how to say it enough. If that makes sense. I will enjoy many steeps of this this afternoon. I should probably eat something first, though, as I will be tea drunk in no time if I don’t!

Rachel J

Let me be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! There is nothing like the feeling of finishing a degree. The RELIEF is amazing.

OMGsrsly

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! :D :D kermit arms

MissLena

Haha thanks you guys!! It’s pretty surreal at the moment, definitely hasn’t fully sunk in that I don’t have anymore exams! :D

Cavocorax

Congrats! :) Glad the tea was worth the wait!

MissLena

Thanks Cavo! Yeah I’ve been drinking it all day haha will have to save the leaves for tomorrow as well, can’t believe how much flavor is still left in the leaves! Just might have to order…..lol

Comments

Rachel J

OMGsrsly

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! :D :D kermit arms

Cavocorax

Congrats! :) Glad the tea was worth the wait!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada