Not really related to this tea, more lamentation about tea below

Sooo…I should probably look at joining the tea hiatus group lol. Mom came over for a visit and wanted to take me to DAVIDsTEA…hahaha, of course I can’t say no! So we went, and she stocked up on a crazy amount of tea, she actually paid the same as me for hers, but she got larger quantities of some favorites :D so that was good, and I got a bunch of tea..and an iced tea mug..and mom got me a pitcher, she wanted to get me a gongfu pot but I already have that haha. So yes, NO MORE BUYING TEA/TEA THINGS! /my verdant order(s) are at the post office as well haha.

ANYWAYS..ONTO THE TEA

I just had to try some of this. I recall seeing a whole bunch of notes on this a few months ago, and I was like hmm that looks good, but it somehow slipped my visits for quite a while. I saw it today though, and smelled it, and man is it ever strawberry and rhubarb! My mom even thought it smelled like a rhubarb pie, and she makes an EPIC rhubarb pie. So yes, I got apparently 18 g of this tea haha, and I might have to get more.

I steeped it for around 6 minutes with boiling water, and omggoodnesss, this creamy, delicious scent is wafting up. Even after it cools, it still smells just SO CREAMY. The flavor is excellent. A perfect balance of sweet and tart, and it does pretty good with the flavoring too, which I am surprised with. I think you could actually pretty closely discern the rhubarb not knowing what it is supposed to be!

Overall, I am super pleased that I finally remembered to try some of this. It is a lovely treat that smells super sweet, but actually is very nice. Yay for good tea, and caffeine free tea before bed too! :D

Nicole

It totally doesn’t count if someone else buys it for you. It’s really like you got no new tea at all. :)

MissLena

Haha but mom didn’t buy any of my teas really, she just got me my giant pitcher :P so that one doesn’t count, and I’ll say the rest only half count, as it was her idea to go to the store. :D

Comments

Nicole

MissLena

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada