drank Main Squeeze by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve been wanting to try more mate’s since I found that I love Honeydew Mate by DavidsTea. So I decided to pick up some of this one this week. The dry smell won me over, it smells like juicy oranges!

I steeped this for 5 minutes today, first cup of the day. I might be going grad dress shopping later with a friend, so I need a bit of energy to help me decide if I will do that or just stay and drink tea haha. I’m also reading a pretty good book, so that is also a factor. Anyways, tea! The liquor is a sunny yellow, matching the citrusy smell! To me, it isn’t overly tropical smelling, it’s more just oranges, orange juice like.

The taste is quite good! I am beginning to know what green mate tastes like, it definitely does have an earthiness that I enjoy. The orange flavor is a bit more tropical I suppose, but mostly this is like an orange juice with an earthy flavor added to make it almost more natural to me. It’s quite smooth and very refreshing, and I am starting to feel the mate wake up.

Overall, this is a tasty blend. I still prefer Honeydew Mate, but that might be because it has green rooibos in it. I should buy some green rooibos to mix with this just to see what it does to the flavor! This was a nice purchase though, and I might pick up more of it in the future, depending how attached I get to it.

Aimee Popovacki

this is ok, but I definitely prefer honeydew mate..