drank Mint Julep by DAVIDsTEA

So I had no idea what a Mint Julep was until I saw this tea. Then I had to google it haha. So there’s like lemon and pineapple and stuff in here..that didn’t really jive with the description on Wiki, but eh w.e. I thought I’d give it a shot because a minty, lemony, creamy tea with rooibos sounds right up my alley.

The dry smell is kind of muddled, I don’t really know what I smell, it’s just a mix of everything, but generally sweet. I steeped for 4.5 minutes, and I kid you not, my cup smells a LOT like Lemon Chiffon by Della Terra! Where is the mint?? Lol, oh there, a slight hint of it. But mostly lemon and rooibos. Interesting. A bit of coconut smell in there too.

As for taste…ok, I do like it, but it is a bit too much of everything in it. It mostly tastes like a lemon rooibos with coconut in there and mint. The black tea must just be holding some of it together, because I can’t really taste it. I like the creamy aftertaste, which I think is growing stronger as I continue to sip and as it cools. But mint julep? I’ve never had one, but ehh the mint is more just cooling, not as crazy minty as I expected.

But overall I enjoy this tea, for all it’s weird and interesting flavors. I will definitely have to try this cold, and maybe with a bit of alcohol at some point to see if that makes it taste different lol. Also, if I get more spearmint in my spoon, that will probably make a big difference. That creamy aftertaste is pretty tasty though. Haha not sure if I will pick up more of this..I’ll see how much I crave it after I finish my 15 g bag.