drank Ceylon Star by DAVIDsTEA

I finally remembered to pick up some of this tea! I’ve been intrigued by it for a while, but it always slipped my mind when I was at the store. The dry smell is fantastic in this one, very chocolate and creamy and yum. I must be in a chocolate and sugary mood this week haha, that’s the only teas I have been craving!

I steeped for 5 minutes, as this is a black tea and I was worried it might get bitter. There was a big chunk of star anise in my basket, and a lot of coconut! I’m not a huge licorice fan, but I don’t mind it and fennel so this one didn’t deter me. The steeped smell is like hot chocolate, with a bit of licorice and spice. Smells sooo good.

The taste is very interesting actually! It is not as chocolatey as the aroma, but it still has a fair amount, and it’s a more milk chocolate flavor. The star anise is mild but still there to add a different sort of sweet note, and the coconut kind of ties it together with the richness and cream it brings. I’m thinking it will also get creamier as it cools.

Overall, this is a tasty little tea. I’m not sure if I am in love with it yet, but it is tasty, and not as sweet as I expected, which is kind of nice as it’s not overwhelming. I do wish it tasted a bit more like it smelled, more cream and chocolate! But I might try steeping a tad longer next time to melt down the chocolate more haha. Happy to finally have tried this, and so far won’t have a problem finishing up my 25 g of it :)

blaaaaaaah lol