I’ve had this tea a few times without logging, my bad! Tonight i will though, and I’ll try to get a second steep in before bed too :)

So the dry leaves are a lovely mix of thin, poky pine needles and green tea leaves. The dry smell is quite faint, but fresh and a bit green and jasminy. I steeped for 1 and a half mins, and the resulting liquor is a bright sunny light yellow. The steeper smells of pine, Yay! The tea is very mild smelling on comparison, but still fresh

The first steep is pretty light, but I think more flavorful than previous cups. Maybe because I had a nice lower water temperature or a better ratio of leaves (almost a tablespoon for around 10 oz). Regardless, it is pretty good. The floral scent of very light jasmine wafts up and is present in the taste at the start, and a buttery, fresh warmth takes over. In the middle of the steep, a hint of pine comes out, cooling, like taking a breath of morning air in the forest. I’m not sure if I can detect the hint of citrus, but the cup is very refreshing and relaxing at the same time.

Overall, this is quite a delicious tea. Maybe I wasn’t quite in the mood for previous cups, but I can see the beauty in this one tonight. It is a light, subtle flavoring that blends wonderfully, but not one that smacks you in the face. Very pleased with this cup tonight :) i might even get the boyfriend to try a cup sometime, he thought it smelled pretty good :)

ETA – I made a second steep! I don’t think I’ll be awake enough to finish the cup, but the half I’ve had is really good, the pine really does come out in this one, but still meshes with the other flavors! So happy I have more of this tea, it provides a nice different spectrum of flavors!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada