drank Dragon Feelers by Butiki Teas

My Butiki order came today! I think it’s the fastest I’ve ever received an online order too :D especially from the States! So my order that I posted on the Share Your Orders thread actually changed immensely..due to my severe nut allergy, I decided to be safe and get all unflavored teas just so that there’s no chance of contamination. Of course I decided this after I ordered haha. Stacy was very kind and awesome with respect to this, she actually was the one who notified me that there might be a slight chance of contamination, and easily accommodated my changes! Thank you so much :D

So I originally was going to get this tea anyways, but I upgraded to a larger amount of it hehe. I also got the Anxi Tie Guan Yin, Mi Xian Black, and White Whisper, and I got some awesome AWESOME samples, I cannot wait to try them! I will post notes on them soon too!

Anyways, onto this tea! I LOVEE how the dry leaves look, so soft and fuzzy and yes, like a dragon, or like little bug feelers haha. So cute! The bag, strangely, smelled very chocolatey, I thought at first it was a different tea making the bag smell that way, but I think it might actually be this one, as there seems to be a slight chocolate scent in the steeped tea too! Haha interesting!

I steeped this for 3 minutes with BOILING water (after looking it up on the site to make sure I wasn’t mistaken in steeping a green tea with boiling water). The flavor is super light, I am intrigued by this tea! It’s such a light flavor, but there’s still lots there, and it’s not bitter at all, even with the really hot water! I am tasting some light dark veggies, and there’s an interesting aftertaste that is a bit salty yet also sweet. A deep taste. My boyfriend says it’s definitely a sweet aftertaste. He enjoys the tea too, win! Maybe it is a bit dark and sweet. I get a minty coolness as well in there.

Overall, this is a super interesting tea. I find it sooo unique, I want to have more cups to try to pin down what exactly I’m tasting. A very good first tea from Butiki and the lovely Stacy!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada