My A&D order came today!! Huzzah! I was so looking forward to it :D so pleased too! Three very stylish tins, 2 buttons (one of which I am actually going to wear out tonight haha it’s on my sweater right now! Tea nerd right here :P) and a magnet! I kind of wanted a small tiger with the Tiger Assam haha but oh well, there’s tigers all over the tin! So of course, I had to find my order outside the door when I came home for lunch, so I had like no time to make a first cup. Also had to have the bf help open the tins with a screwdriver haha, just like little paint cans!

I brewed this one up first, as I knew I wouldn’t get much time and I want to save the Tiger Assam for when I have lots of time, and it isn’t a Mount Gray day haha too sunny out! Anyways, I brewed up a teaspoon of this in boiling water for 4 minutes, and only got a few sips of the first steeping before I had to go back to work! But the few sips I had were veryy good! A nice fruity scent almost, and a malty taste, a bit of astringency but it works here. Very malty, a bit fruity, and actually a bit lighter than I was expecting, although it definitely packs a good hit of caffeine!

I am currently drinking a cup of the second steep, and unfortunately it is not nearly as flavorful, but still quite good. I also haven’t eaten much tonight (waiting for a friend to go to dinner), so it might be good that there isn’t as much caffeine in this cup. Still a nice malty taste, that is the main flavor of this tea for me, maltiness. Yumm. I am very pleased that this one is so good, as it’s the one that I honestly was the least excited about (as bad as that sounds haha). It might end up even being my favorite of the three, who knows? :P excellent start to these teas, and I’m currently happy that I have a giant tin of this!!

Cavocorax

I’m happy you enjoyed it! I want to get the Double Knit blend and Mt. Grey, but will wait for another sale. I love that you get pins and magnets!

Terri HarpLady

Yay, A&D!! Cavo, did I send you samples of those 2?

Cavocorax

You did! I enjoyed them both! You sent Caravan too! :)

Michelle Butler Hallett

I wear my A & D buttons proudly! Got a whole collection of them on my canvas shoulder bag.

MissLena

Yes I quite enjoy the buttons and extras too, as well as the epic tea! I need a bag to put my pins on, maybe one of my purses will suffice :)

Comments

Cavocorax

Terri HarpLady

Yay, A&D!! Cavo, did I send you samples of those 2?

Cavocorax

You did! I enjoyed them both! You sent Caravan too! :)

Michelle Butler Hallett

MissLena

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada