drank Tropicalia by DAVIDsTEA

I had a tough time picking a tea to have tonight, as it is sweltering in the apartment so I don’t really want anything hot, although I might make a green tea or herbal later. So I made a bunch of midsummer night’s dream in my jug for tomorrow and also got some pink passion fruit /strawberry rhubarb parfait brewing in the fridge. But I needed something now too, so I made a cup of this tea hot and decided to try flash icing it with cubes. I put 5 ice cubes in another mug and poured the hot brewed tea on, and it actually turned out not bad! Not quite as cold, but it will do in a pinch. Now I’m guzzling it down like nobody’s business, and trying to decide on what to have next to continue to combat the heat. Oh, and this tea is close to a sipdown, but I might pick up more since it’s so darn summery.

ETA – my ratings have seemed kind of wonky on the last few teas I’ve wrote a note on, like crazy low, not sure what’s up with that but I’m trying to fix them if I notice them, maybe it’s cuz i’m on my phone lol

Hello all, I am a happily employed electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada