drank Gyokuro Yamashiro by DAVIDsTEA

Surprisingly, this tea called out to me as I sit in this hot apartment waiting for the Canada Day fireworks to start with a cold face cloth on my neck haha. We live pretty close to where the fireworks will be, so I’m hoping I can see them right out the window. I haven’t had this tea in ages, and I really need to drink it more. The last time I had it, I tried making it with cold dripping ice on it, and it wasn’t very good haha. But this time I just made it hot, and it smells very veggie like and fresh. Just what I want at this time of night. Waiting for it to cool so I don’t over heat drinking it lol, hoping the taste is what I am craving tonight too, I steeped for 2 minutes this time to see if a shorter steeping helps me find the sweet spot for this tea.

Tonight, this tastes very asparagus-y, with butter melted on top. There’s a nice saltiness and slight brine flavor maybe at the end of the sip, very oceanic. Yay! Maybe I needed to steep this tea for less time all along. I will still hold off on rating for now, as I’m too warm to make a solid judgement tonight. Also, hot tea tastes hotter when you are hot. Lol, good night steepster!