drank Oriental Beauty by Butiki Teas

SIPDOWN! This came to me as a free sample from the lovely Stacy at Butiki :) I decided to try it tonight. The dry leaves have a very faint honey scent, but it’s very light. I used boiling water and the whole little sample pack in 8 ounces of water, I didn’t actually realize it was an oolong until reading the description! The tea liquor was a light golden yellow, with a sweet scent.

The flavor was quite nice, quite light actually. I got a light honey flavor with a bit of floral maybe, I’m not sure, this is my first oriental beauty so I don’t really know what it should taste like at all! It was mostly like a mild darker tea, almost like a black tea, but not quite. Sigh, I am not doing a good job of describing it, as I honestly wasn’t specifically looking for flavors, I just enjoyed drinking it lol. Well, I still have another steeping or two out of the leaves, I might save them for tomorrow though, I had some tieguanyin as well tonight and I am about at my caffeine limit lol.

Overall, a tasty little tea, but I would need to drink it a few more times to pick out some flavors. The sweetness was quite nice, but I prefer the Mi Xian Black (yes, I haven’t written a review for it on here yet I don’t think haha, but I did realllly enjoy it :D) for a sweeter tea. But this was tasty, and I would probably order a bit to try again, as I am intrigued to find more notes in the tea! I will rate it though, as it was quite enjoyable :) Thank you for the sample Stacy!!