I am back! It’s been a while since I wrote a review, but since Steepster was getting updates while I was in the mountains it was all good, as I was too busy to log tea there haha. I will backlog madly after this note.

So I have a massive influx of new teas to try. Like, it’s insane. My awesome free samples from Angel at Teavivre showed up last Friday and I have been itching to try them, so they are first on the list :D so 5 of those to try. I also got my Verdant order today, so there’s another about 7 teas to try that I haven’t yet, and…I also bought some tea at a store in Jasper called the Tea Leaf Boutique, so I have to try 2 from there! Eek! And I haven’t even finished trying my Butiki teas :( oh well, lots of tea drinking to commence now!

So, back to this tea. Oh, and I already mentioned that this came with the free samples from Angel, but I cannot express my happiness enough about the 15 sample packs she sent!! 3 of each kind of tea! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

So, now the review..hehe..

This tea smells heavenly. Honey and malt, and strong honey at that. I immediately thought, Yunnan. Yes indeed this is a Yunnan, possibly my favorite region for Chinese teas! The tea appearance is so cute! I love the little malty balls of goodness, like larger dragon pearls and made with black tea. I used 4 in about 8 oz of boiling water for 1 and a half minutes, based on a few steepster reviews and the package directions. The resulting liquor is a lovely honey colored brown, and smells like, yes, honey! Honey and sweet potatoes.

As for the flavor, yes. This is excellent. The first note is a mild cocoa, and I was like hmm, is it strong enough, but then…that aftertaste…pure dripping honey. And malt. And a touch of hay. Mmmmmmm. This reminds me of Golden Fleece crossed with the aged Yunnan White tea from Verdant. It’s delicious and soothing and cozy. Comforting. So good!

Overall, a delicious black tea! The final aftertaste is of more malt and chocolate than honey. I really like this! Once again, a huge thank you to Angel at Teavivre for suggesting this one as a sample, it is definitely a good pick!!

Tea Sipper

I’m eagerly awaiting my Teavivre samples too!

MissLena

You will not be disappointed! :)

ashmanra

This is one of the many that I had to buy once I had sampled it!

Comments

Tea Sipper

I’m eagerly awaiting my Teavivre samples too!

MissLena

You will not be disappointed! :)

ashmanra

This is one of the many that I had to buy once I had sampled it!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada