Backlog – I tried this tea in my gaiwan last night. Eeep, first review too! Thanks to Angel at Teavivre for this free sample! The dry smell is wonderfully jasmine, so yummy smelling! I am pretty sure I overleafed a bit lol, as I put in my whole sample package when I probably should have only used half.

I did a quick rinse, then made the first cup for 30s and the second for 50s. I had the second, and it was wayyyy tooo strong. Probably from overleafing though! My boyfriend got the first cup, and he said it was one of the best teas he’s had!! So for the next cups, I further reduced steep times to around 15-20s, and they were much better. Still a bit on the bitter side from overleafing, but next time I will be wiser.

Overall, this is a nice tea if steeped correctly. I wish I had had a sip of the first cup, because I’m sure it was perfect! Ah well, I have two more sample packs to try and find the sweet spot :) I will probably try around 10s steeps as well.