drank Currant Affair by DAVIDsTEA

Backlog – I picked up about 30g of this when I went to DavidsTea this past Friday to buy my bf the new pumpkin mug :D love how it changes color btw! So yes, I had to try this, because I enjoy rooibos and the black currant tea I’ve tried from another company was very good.

This one didn’t disappoint – an amazing smell and taste! The creaminess added nicely to the berry like flavor (or whatever currant flavoring taste like lol, I find the actual ones to be quite bitter) and the rooibos is a nice base. This is probably up in the higher range of my favorite red rooibos teas, up there with Lemon Chiffon and the various rooibos de provence blends I’ve tried (which also contain currants). Nicely done! I will drink this down rather quickly I imagine!

Cavocorax

I’m glad you liked it – if it compares to Lemon Chiffon it must be something! I’m planning to grab 20g when I get a chance.

Oooh! Pumpkin mug! :P

Lariel

I’ve been wanting to try that.

MissLena

Haha well, it’s in the top 3 for red rooibos for me I think, be warned, my mom thought it smelled like cough medicine haha. Lemon Chiffon still takes the cake for the best, but I enjoy the curranty-ness of this one! And the mug is soo cute! I love that the faces light up orange, it makes my day :)

Aimee Popovacki

its wonderful. i am not a rooibos person at all. and i love it!!

Comments

Cavocorax

Oooh! Pumpkin mug! :P

Lariel

I’ve been wanting to try that.

MissLena

Aimee Popovacki

its wonderful. i am not a rooibos person at all. and i love it!!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada