Sipdown! (That wasn’t in my cupboard lol) I got another packet of this from my friend who wasn’t a fan. I’ve been in a bit of a weird tea rut lately, I am enjoying the teas I’ve been drinking, but none have been the one to satisfy my craving. I think I found it, though, in this one. This turned out spectacularly tonight.

I followed TerriHarpLady ‘s parameters for western brewing a bit, since I’m too lazy for a gaiwan tonight. I used the whole little red packet in my big 16 oz DavidsTea mug, but I couldn’t steep it for 3 minutes, just did 2 :P (chickened out, and it’s pretty late here, but man I needed this tea). The resulting tea..wow. I inhaled the aroma the whole time it cooled, chocolate cake and caramel, but a different tea than LB.

And the taste? Wow. So good. Dark chocolate, caramel, I can picture it now. It is slightly reminiscent of my favorite dessert of all time, chocolate steam pudding (essentially dark cocoa cake smothered in caramel sauce made of brown sugar and cream). It isn’t nearly as sweet as that dessert, but I definitely taste notes of it in here. And it is soooo good.

Hitting the spot. Just what I needed. Perfect. I am sad because this is currently not in stock, if I had tried it like this, I probably would have picked up an oz. This might bump LB out of the top chocolatey black that I’ve tried now! Ooh, and there’s this lovely slightly burnt note in the start of the sip, making it feel like the cake has been slightly burnt in the oven, just enough to have a crisp layer on top…mmmm.

Ok, I will stop rambling, but this is seriously good! Have no fear in trying this tea with a lot of leaf! So good! See previous notes for this one done gaiwan style :) and upping rating a bit due to the pure awesomeness of this cup.

Bonnie

Lovely

Comments

Bonnie

Lovely

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada