drank Spiced Fig by DAVIDsTEA

I’m back in my city after a weekend at the bfs parents, and I am having this tea as my first one back. I almost didn’t get this one, as it’s so darn heavy, 22g is enough for only 2 cups. Sigh. Well I wanted to try a fig tea, and it’s my second ever tea with almonds in it! I’m waiting to hear back from davidstea about the tree nuts in alpine punch before trying it (if it’s just almonds ill be good, for those who don’t know, I have a severe peanut allergy and have only tried tried almonds for nuts lol).

Anyways, dry this smells mildly sweet, a bit of a fruity cranberry scent. I used about 2.5 davidstea perfect spoons, got one yesterday!, and steeped for 7 minutes to get flavor. The steeped smell is fruity and very clovey.

As for taste, I was leery due to the almonds, but did the skin test and it it seems to be okay. So taste… I don’t mind this at all, it’s not nearly as clovey (phew) but they are there, along with a myriad of fruits. Oh, and when it was hotter, there was a stronger cake note… Yes, I actually got cake in it! Still there a bit, I think it’s the almonds and cloves making it present. So I do get a figgy pudding vibe from this lol, I am pleased! I’m not sure what the figs are in it, but it tastes appropriately festive.

Overall, not a bad tea, but much too heavy dry for me to ever purchase again haha. It doesn’t taste ok though, but not worth the cost unfortunately. I’ll rate 75 due to cost and that it’s not spectacular, but it is not bad.

JustJames

MISSLENA!!! i very rarely buy from david’s BECAUSE THEY ARE SO BAD FOR MAINTAINING A GUARANTEED INGREDIENTS LIST. i rarely write with caps, it makes my hand hurt appallingly, i have allergies….. if you do too then be VERY careful with this vendor!

MissLena

Thanks for the heads up! I am pretty careful with them, any that I am worried about I message them on Facebook and they have always gotten back to me :) I should be safe with peanuts at least, none of their teas contain those, but I still am cautious with hazelnuts and other tree nuts. I will keep watching though!

Comments

JustJames

MissLena

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada