I have had a terribly long, busy day at work, and it’s only Tuesday..hurry up weekend! Thankfully it seems my tea orders always come on the busiest, most exhausting days. My bestsellers sampler is here from 52teas! Woot!

I almost tried Strawberry Zabaglione first, but this one seems to be the one for my black tea. I mean, pancakes, what else would make me feel better? Mmm. The dry smell is lightly honey smelling, a bit like Candy Corn tea from the same company but without the wax. I steeped for 3 mins, 1 tsp with under boiling water.

The steeped smell is where it’s at. Maple and butter. Yummy. As for the flavor, it is pretty tasty, lighter than I thought it would be though. The black base is definitely there, malty and a bit dry, with a mild honeyed flavor. Then, this wonderful, scrumptious maple butter aftertaste rolls in. Fluffy pancakes. Yep, it’s there, in the aftertaste. Beautiful. Now I’m going to Dennys for breakfast for dinner haha. Pancake tea calls for.. .. Pancakes. A good start to the sampler!

ETA – So I went to Denny’s and got their Hobbit themed honey french toast, and omg, the aftertaste is EXACTLY like this tea. Like craziness. I even put some maple syrup on my toast (along with the honey haha) and this tea is actually it. I am finishing up the rest of my cup cold now that I’m home and it’s like eating the toast all over again. Amazing!

JustJames

i love this tea. =0)

OMGsrsly

Hobbit themed honey french toast?! Wow, that sounds so good!

MissLena

This is a pretty good tea :D and the honey french toast was good, but it looked better in the picture on the menu haha. More like eating a cake than french toast actually lol.

Comments

JustJames

i love this tea. =0)

OMGsrsly

Hobbit themed honey french toast?! Wow, that sounds so good!

MissLena

Hello all, I am an electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada