52 teas tasting day! I want to try a bunch more samples from the bestsellers today, and this is the one I started with. The dry smell, first whiff was rice crispy squares, then it turned pretty strongly chemical. I let it air out for a bit and it seemed to help :) however when brewing, the chemicals disappeared completely (Huzzah!) and the toast rice smell took over. I brewed for 3 mins with about 180 degree water. After steeping a mild sweet marshmallow scent was present.

As for the taste, it’s pretty good. The toasty genmaicha flavor is definitely the strong point, and the marshmallow sweetness comes on afterwards. An interesting tea, but the sweetness seems a bit weird haha, my brain has a tough time figuring it out because it’s a genmaicha lol. Overall I think I prefer graveyard mist for a marshmallow tea tho, but it is love mint, so that could be why lol. Happy to have a bit more of this one to try though!

VariaTEA

When I had this the first time, I thought it was good but not great. However, the second time I made it, something about the blend just really worked and it just tasted sooo good. I ended up ordering 2 oz of this.

MissLena

Hmm good to know, maybe it just needs to air out a bit, it was good but just a but different for me so far haha, it won’t take long for me to finish it though!

Comments

VariaTEA

MissLena

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada