drank Qing Pin by Yezi Tea

My Yezi Tea order arrived last week, very impressed with how fast it got here! I’ve been wanting to try the yeas but I’ve been busy and harried for new teas. Finally got something sent out at work today, so I feel free (er) tonight!

So onto the tea! The reviews intrigued me, fruity, but similar to laoshan black? Had to try it! My 1 oz bag had a nice little keep-fresh pouch in it, never have gotten one of those in tea before haha. The dry leaves smell slightly malty and roasty. I steeped my davidstea perfect spoonful (prob 1.5 tsps) for 3 minutes. The resulting liquor.. Wow, it smells soooo good! Like laoshan black but maltier, toastier, and a slightly smoky scent. Actually, it kind of reminds me of the smoky hint in yu lu yan cha! Huzzah, very interesting aroma!

As fit the flavor…. wow. Talk about complex. So many things going on that are good! First off, a rich toasty malty black tea, rich, deep. It leads into a slightly smoky hint, but more like a toast smoke, or roast, nothing like lapsang. Then, this soft, almost creamy sweet aftertaste. Mild, but there. I can’t identify it for the life of me lol. It’s definitely a fruitiness, it also is somewhat in the middle of the sip… So intriguing! And so good. Most similar to yu lu yan cha to me, but with a sweetness, some fruit, not as robust and harsh (in contrasting the two, I still really like my yu lu haha).

Overall, very good. So many notes and goodness. Interesting enough and likeable enough I might reorder a bunch… :D, I’ll have more cups before deciding haha.

ETA – I get an earthiness a bit like sweet potato, but different from other blends. Maybe just earthy? Gah. This one’s a tough one to describe.. I just suggest trying it lol.

Love these teas! Think you’ll have fun with them :)

MissLena

I’m excited to try the Jin Jun Mei and the oolong samples :D so far I am impressed with Yezi!

Comments

Love these teas! Think you’ll have fun with them :)

MissLena

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada